Traffic Signals & Streetlight Operations Manager
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Select People Solutions is in search of a Traffic Signals & Streetlight Operations Manager for the City of Lethbridge. This is a fulltime, permanent position in Lethbridge, AB. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering programs, policies and initiatives that result in a safe, efficient and effective traffic signal, community lighting and industrial railway signal system. If you are a professional, results driven individual, apply now!
Why choose Lethbridge?
* BEAUTIFUL CLIMATE: Lethbridge boasts some of the most moderate winters on the Prairies, and hot and sunny summers!
* QUALITY OF LIFE: Lethbridge is a mid-sized city (94,000 people), and our real estate prices are excellent. The average resale home price in Lethbridge (2014) is $257,008. Lethbridge is ranked 4th in best mid-sized cities to live in Canada!
* CONVENIENT ACCESS TO AMENITIES: Skating rinks, swimming pools, grocery stores, shopping malls and more are all within a 15 minute drive. Never worry about being stuck in traffic going to work again.
* Visitors to our city often notice our clean and safe streets, abundance of educational opportunities (a university and a college!) and vibrant community involvement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Providing leadership to staff; performance management, coaching, adherence to safety regulations
* Taking the lead in signalization work in conjunction with Alberta Transportation, CP Rail, contractors, and consultants
* Technical advising and implementing new technologies for operations and systems
* Asset management; programs, inventory, work order systems
* Managing projects and contracts; cost effectiveness and future maintenance
* Presenting to various committees, councils, and forums
* Grant applications and expenditures for traffic and rail signal projects as well as community lighting projects
* Diploma in related field, management degree, or Journeyman Electrical Trade certification (with supervisory experience) combined with knowledge of state of the art traffic and rail signal operation and street light operations
* 5 years of experience managing electricians performing construction or maintenance of signals and street lighting.
* Experience with developing maintenance and inspection programs
* Eligible for membership with the Institute of Traffic Engineers (ITE) with a minimum of Level II Traffic Signal and Level 1 Roadway Lighting from IMSA
Compensation & Hours:
* The wage will be very competitive in the market. Our client has a solid benefits package, compressed work week schedule, relocation assistance packages and retirement plans.
We are offering a candidate referral bonus of $500.00 for this role! If you think you know of someone, send them our way.
How to Apply:
Have you registered with Select People Solutions by creating your profile at www.selectrecruiting.ca
* Yes – On our website, at the bottom of this job description, click “Apply for this Position,” under the “Already Registered?” heading to the right, and reference the applicable job number.
* No – On our website, click “Create Your Profile” at the top of the page and reference job number 4496.
* Resume in MS Word format required!