Traffic Signal Technician
College Station, TX
$35,714 - $44,616
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the maintenance, operation, repair, and testing of electrical / electronic traffic control devices, various communication devices, and ITS components, and all hardware related to traffic signalization devices.
Principal Job Duties
- Troubleshoot signal systems in order to locate all malfunctions such as shorts, open or grounded circuits, and reason for equipment failure.
- Prepare and complete all necessary work orders, reports, and forms.
- Maintain and repair School Zone Flasher System and Warning Flasher components.
- Upload and download data between computer, signal controllers, and other traffic signal / ITS equipment.
- Assist with inspections and help identify traffic signal equipment needed within the Traffic Division.
- Utilize utility locate request software and cable locator to identify and locate underground signal cables.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED. Minimum two years working experience with electrical / electronic circuitry with a minimum of one year traffic signal experience.
- Availability and willingness to work rotation schedule for Standby and On Call after-hour support which includes evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Read, comprehend, and analyze blue prints and schematics.
- Knowledgeable of and the ability to perform work on energize circuits.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our Traffic Team, please visit http://csjobs.cstx.gov/ to view the full job description and apply online. Please call (979) 764-3695, if you have any questions.